Introducing TYTO – A lite weight, 3 axis, hand held, carbon fiber gimbal, offering cinema quality production on an easy to use platform that requires little training and hand on use to operate efficiently.
The TYTO Cinematic Camera Stabilizer allows an operator the mobility of shooting hand held with the stability previously achieved only through the use of large, heavy, and expensive gear (i.e. steady cam, Jib, rails, etc.). The gimbals’ stabilization is attained through precision balance and constant position feedback from three extremely powerful, independent brushless motors. Calibrating through highly sensitive gyro sensors, the TYTO gimbal maintains your cameras position and movement with ease.
This device is specifically tailored for the film industry and is capable of holding up to 10 lbs. on tray, making it compatible with a wide variety of mid sized cinema cameras. Ideal for use with: RED Epic, C500, FS700, etc. It is completely customizable to fit your specifications and use. Easily programmable with up to 3 customized profiles that can be switched between with the press of a button. Robust yet lite weight, the TYTO - Cinematic Camera Stabilizer has been thoroughly tested and put through grueling conditions to ensure outstanding performance in nearly any circumstance.
- Basic Functionality – Stabilize PITCH, ROLL and YAW by counter acting unwanted movement with 3 brushless motors simultaneously at each of the axis points. These motors are programmed through an onboard IMU system, allowing for customization of the gimbals speed and response to movement. Automatic gyro calibration before every startup ensures that the gimbal will perform at its best.
- Robust and User Friendly GUI – This downloadable software allows you to customize up to 3 onboard profiles with a wide range of possible configurations. Setting slower tilt, quicker pan, or isolating the yaw entirely are just a few examples of what parameters the user can set within the GUI software. Compatible with PC and MAC.
- Camera Size – Works best with most Mid-size cinema camera’s with a weight of 10 lbs. or less ie: RED Epic, C500, FS 700, 1 DC, Black Magic 4K cinema camera, etc.
- Follow Mode (for pan and tilt) – allows for a single operator to intuitively control the pointing of the gimbal by moving the handles without compromising the stabilization of the image. The gimbal takes the operator's movements and intelligently converts them into stabilized pan and tilt movements.
- Basic RC Control – Using traditional TX/RX systems, a second operator can use his controller to operate the camera positioning, keeping the shot framed, as the gimbal operator moves around the set. A video transmitter is installed on the gimbal to send a live video feed to a monitor fixed to the second operator's controller.
- Additional RC Control – (primarily for non-handheld use such as attaching to multirotors)
- Capability for 3 position switch to be used on the remote as follows.
Position 1: Free movement of camera.
Position 2: Camera returned and locked into level forward position.
Position 3: Camera points straight down, RC control for roll available.
- 3 additional modes can be set to users preference.